International students may apply for the upcoming school year through the International Student Application Form. Students are accepted on a rolling admissions basis. Students’ transcripts must show above-average academic ability and English skills. Students must be responsible, honest, cooperative, demonstrate good character, and be respectful of others.
The deadline for applications is May 1. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
- Pages 1-4 are to be completed by the student and family
- Page 5 is to be completed by the student’s Headmaster, School Principal, or Head Classroom Teacher
- Pages 6-7 are to be completed by the student’s English teacher
- Page 8 is to be completed by the student’s math teacher
- Page 9 is for your own reference.
- School transcripts. Students applying for grades 9-10 must supply an official transcript of grade 7 through the current year. Applicants for grades 11-12 must provide transcripts from grade 9 through the current year. These transcripts must be translated to English.
Step 2: Skype Interview
- Once the student’s initial application has been reviewed, the agent/family will be contacted to arrange a Skype interview between the student and International Student Program Coordinator.
Step 3: Should the student be accepted, Maranatha will send the following:
- An official letter of acceptance
- Invoice for application fee paid and future fees due
- Instructions for making payments are included on the invoice
Step 4: Enrollment fee
- Student will send the $3000 USD enrollment fee following the instructions received on the invoice included with the acceptance letter. Upon receiving this fee, the student’s place will be reserved at Maranatha.
Step 5: Visa Application
- The I-20 will be issued by Maranatha and sent to the student
- A “Next Steps For Enrollment” packet will be sent to the student
- Current invoice will be included showing payment of the $3000 USD Enrollment fee
- The I-901 Fee must be paid to the US Government. Go to ice.gov/sevis Click on SEVIS I-901 Fee.
- Make an appointment with the embassy to receive your student visa. The following documents will be needed at this appointment:
- Acceptance letter from Maranatha
- I-20 form from Maranatha
- The invoice from Maranatha showing the payments you have made
- Proof of payment of US SEVIS I-901 fee – your receipt
- Proof of family financial support
- Proof of connections to home country after schooling is finished
Step 6: Attending Maranatha
- When a visa is granted, please inform Maranatha immediately of your finalized flight arrival to Minneapolis International Airport. Once tuition and fees have been paid in full, we will coordinate with your host family to arrange for pick up from the airport.